Applications and Requests
The university requires all freshman and sophomore undergraduate students to live in campus housing. As is the case on most residential campuses, on-campus housing for junior and senior students is not automatically guaranteed. During the Spring semester, a lottery is conducted where interested junior and senior students may select housing from available rooms for the next academic year. Housing Services also offers guidance to upperclass and graduate/law students seeking off-campus residence.
Applications are available online in MyHousing; students should log onto Cardinal Station using their Username and Password and navigating to Student Self-Service > MyHousing > ApplyOnline. New students should have received their Cardinal Station login information in the mail. If you have misplaced your Username and Password, please call the CUA Computer Help Desk at (202) 319-4357 for assistance.
- Fall 2015
- Newly Admitted Freshmen and Transfer Students who have paid their enrollment deposit can apply via the the New CUA Student Housing Application in MyHousing. The application deadline is May 15th for new freshmen and August 1st for new transfer students. Housing Services is unable to guarantee housing to students who submit applications after the advertised dates. A guide is available here to assist with the application process.
- Continuing Undergraduate Students should participate in the Room Selection process; those who do not participate in the Room Selection process can submit their $500 housing deposit and their Waitlist Application in MyHousing. More information is available on the Waitlist and the application process.
- Housing Services will offer housing to a Graduate/Law/Non-Traditional Students as space is available. Interested continuing Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Students should participate in the Room Selection Process; new students and those who did not participate in the lottery should submit a Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Application in MyHousing.
- Spring 2016
- The Spring Only New Student Housing Application for Newly Admitted Students is available in MyHousing.
- Continuing Undergraduate Students who did not live on campus during the fall semester can submit their $500 housing deposit and their Spring Only Application in MyHousing. More information is available on the spring application process.
- The Priority Application date for all spring housing applications is November 15th. Applications will be assigned on a rolling basis beginning in early December. Assignment confirmations will be sent by mid-December; once assignments are made they will also be available in MyHousing.
- As space permits, Housing Services will offer housing to Graduate/Law/Non-Traditional Students. Interested Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Students can submit a Grad/Law/Non-Traditional Application in MyHousing.
- Extended Stay Request for residents with extenuating circumstances which require an extended stay at the beginning or end of a semester. While individual requests outside of advertised occupancy dates are generally not approved, Housing Services will review each request.
- Housing Cancellation Request for all residents that want to request to cancel their current or future housing assignment.
Consent Form to request housing-related information for release to a third-party.
- Residence Hall & Dining Services Accommodation Request information and form for students with disabilities who need specific accommodations or modifications to their Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement (housing assignment and/or dining plan) due to their diagnosed disability or medical condition.
- Temporary Disability information for residents with temporarily disabling conditions that are a result of injuries, surgery or short-term medical conditions that may need access to services and resources similar to individuals with permanent disabilities.
- CUA requires freshmen and sophomore undergraduate students to live in on-campus housing unless they reside with a parent or legal guardian within 20 miles of campus or are 21 years of age or older; please refer to the University's Student Housing Policy.
- Residency Exemption Request for freshmen and sophomores that are required to live on campus but wish to request an exemption based on extenuating circumstances.
- Room Change Request for residents that have a confirmed housing assignment but prefer a different room. Residents who only want to be considered for a single room should complete the Single Room Waitlist Request instead.
- Room changes are available during the academic year and are managed by the Residence Life professional staff in each neighborhood.
Single Room Waitlist Request for residents that have a confirmed housing assignment but prefer a single room.
- Furniture Repair Request to report issues with furniture in residence hall rooms or common areas.
- Dietary Preferences - Students who want to explore ways the Dining Services team can assist them in finidng foods that meet their dietary preferences should contact Dining Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Dietary Needs - Students who want to request release/removal from the dining plan requirement or request an adjusted dining plan based on a diagnosed disability or medical condition should submit the Residence Hall and Dining Services Accommodation Request. Appeals of dining accommodation decisions should be directed to Debbie Jackson, Senior Director, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement.
- Cardinal Cash & Dining Dollars can be added at any time; please visit the Cardinal Card Web site for more information.
Extended Stay Requests
Housing Cancellation Request
Residence Hall & Dining Services Accommodation Request
Residency Exemption Request
Room Change Request
Single Room Waitlist Request
Furniture Repair Request
Dining Plans, Dining Dollars & Cardinal Cash