The Catholic University of America

 

Ryan Hall

 

Ryan Hall was built in 1945 and named for Rev. James Hugh Ryan, the Rector who first admitted women to the university. Fittingly, Ryan Hall was the home of the first female residents at CUA. Rev. Ryan began at the university as a philosophy professor in 1922, then Rector (1928-1935), and later Bishop (1935-1945) and Archbishop (1945-1947) of Omaha. There are two Religious-in-Residence that live next door in Regan Hall but also minister to this community through their ground floor office here. St. Vincent de Paul Chapel is also located between Ryan and Regan Halls. The interior finishes in Ryan Hall were most recently updated in 2010.

Floor Plans

Campus Map

Ryan Hall

  

Population

Amenities & Features

Room Types

Approximate Room Dimensions

178 first-year students;

all female

lounge, laundry, and kitchen facilities; cable TV in the main lounge; wireless internet access; located near St. Vincent de Paul Chapel

traditional single, double, and triple rooms with shared bathrooms in hallways

single: 11' x 8¼'

double: 16½' x 11½'

 

 

Panoramic Photo of a Ryan Triple Room

Furnishings include a twin x-long bed frame, x-long mattress, dresser, desk, chair and wardrobe/closet per resident.

 

Individual Tours

Students and their families wishing to see a typical residence hall room are encouraged to participate in an Admissions Tour, view the panoramic tours of rooms in the Campus Map, and visit the Housing Services Web site for more information regarding the various housing options at CUA.