University Vendor Relationships
Housing Services works with various affiliated off-campus vendors to enhance your residential experience, and to provide specialized services to help make your transition to college residential life a smooth one. Visit the Move-in Services webpage for these opportunities including MicroFridge rentals, linen sales, carpet sales, shipping & storage, and insurance that are designed specifically for students in our residential community.
Target and Prince George's Plaza - 3500 East-West Hwy, Hyattsville, MD 20782
Go northeast on Michigan Avenue and follow into Maryland where it becomes Queens Chapel Road. Make a left onto East-West Highway/410. Target and Prince George’s Plaza will be on your right.
By Metrorail: Take the Red Line in the direction of Glenmont.Get off at Fort Totten to transfer to the Green Line. Take the Green Line toward Greenbelt. Get off at Prince George’s Plaza. Exit toward the left of the Metro and make a left on Belches Center Drive. Make a right and walk toward East-West Highway. Cross East-West Highway to Prince George’s Mall. Target is in the mall.
Target, Giant, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Staples, and Best Buy
- All of these stores are located in the Columbia Heights area at the cross streets of 14th Street, N.W., and Kenyon Street, N.W.
Head southwest on Michigan Avenue and make a slight right on Irving Street, N.E. Stay on Irving Street for 0.6 miles and make a slight right onto Kenyon Street, N.W. Turn left onto 14th Street, N.W. Parking garages are located on Park Road and at the Giant.
By Metrorail: Take the Red Line in the direction of Glenmont. At the Fort Totten stop you will transfer to the Green and Yellow lines in the direction of Branch Ave. and Huntington. You can take either Green or Yellow train in that direction to the Columbia Heights stop. Once you get off at Columbia Heights, walk down 14th Street and you will find the stores.
Walmart Supercenter - 99 H St, N.W., Washington, DC 20001
Go southwest on Michigan Avenue. Make a left onto North Capitol Street. Follow North Capitol Street for about 1.8 miles. Turn right onto H Street, N.W. and drive one block. Take a right on First Street, N.W. and the parking garage entrance is on the right (up to 2 hours free parking).
By Metrorail: Take the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove to Union Station. Exit the metro through the Massachusetts Ave and First Street, NE entrance. Walk a short distance straight on First Street, NE. Turn right on Massachusetts Ave, walk 1 block. Turn right on North Capitol Street, walk 2 blocks. Turn left on H Street, NW and walk 1 block. Total walking distance approximately 0.5 miles.
Giant, Home Depot, and T.J. Maxx - 901 Rhode Island Ave, Washington, DC 20018
Go southwest on Michigan Avenue and make a left onto 4th Street (directly across from the main Basilica entrance). Take 4th Street to Rhode Island Avenue. Make a left on Rhode Island Avenue. Giant, Home Depot, and T.J.Maxx will be on your right.
By Metrorail: Take the Red Line toward Shady Grove. Get off at Rhode Island Ave. After exiting the Metro station walk toward Rhode Island Avenue and stay on your right. There will be a ramp on your right that will take you up to the plaza.
Pentagon City Mall - 1100 South Hayes St, Arlington, VA 22202
Go southwest on Michigan Avenue. Make a left onto North Capitol Street. Follow North Capitol Street for about 1.5 miles. After crossing Florida Avenue, merge to the right to access the New York Avenue overpass. Make a right onto New York Avenue. Turn left onto I 395-S. Take exit 8A toward Pentagon City. Take a slight right onto Rotary Road South. Turn right onto South Fern Street. Turn right onto Army Navy Drive. Turn left onto South Hayes Street.
By Metrorail: Take the Red Line in the direction of Shady Grove. At the Gallery Place/Chinatown Metrorail stop, transfer to the Yellow Line in the direction of Huntington. The Pentagon City Mall is located at the Pentagon City Metrorail stop on the Yellow Line.
Costco - 2441 Market St, N.E., Washington, DC 20018
Head east on Michigan Avenue. Make a right on 10th Street and make a left on Monroe Street. Drive 1.3 miles and make a right on South Dakota Avenue. Drive another 1.3 miles on South Dakota Avenue and make a left on 33rd Street. 33rd Street will turn into Fort Lincoln Drive, N.E. Turn right onto Market Street, N.E.
Costco and Ikea - 10100 Baltimore Ave, College Park, MD 20740
Go northeast on Michigan Avenue and follow into Maryland where it becomes Queens Chapel Road. Make a right onto East-West Highway/410. Make a left onto US-1/Baltimore Avenue. Stay on Baltimore Avenue and go over I-495. Ikea will be on your left and Costco on your right.
|Local Shopping in Brookland
Traveling northeast on Michigan Avenue, make a right on 12th Street. There you will find PNC Bank, Yes! Organic Grocery Store, CVS, and a dry cleaners.
Local Restaurants in Brookland (some of our staff favorites)
Busboys and Poets
- Busboys and Poets is a community gathering place serving dishes of both American and International cusine. It is a "space for art, culture, and politics to intentionally collide." Located at 625 Monroe Street, NE.
Brookland's Finest Bar & Kitchen - Offers classic American cuisine, coffee bar, mix of local and regional beers and cocktail menu - all with a bistro flair. There is limited bar seating on the seasonal patio as well as patio tables. Located at 3126 12th Street, NE.
San Antonio Bar & Grill
- Casual atmosphere offering fresh Tex-Mex food from enchiladas and burritos to burgers, barbecue ribs, steaks, and salads. Full-service bar. Located at 3908 12th Street, NE.
Menomale Pizza Napoletana
- Step inside and you are greeted by a hand-built 6000lb wood-fired oven. Serving authentic Napoletana pizza featuring ingredients from the Campania region of Italy, craft beers on draft, a bottle list from around the world, Italian wines, and a full bar. Located at 2711 12th Street, NE.
Smith Public Trust
- Dining room and public house with a progressive space offering approachable cuisine, craft beer, spirits, and wine. Located at 3514 12th Street, NE.
- The tavern's name is a nod to the railroad tracks that have been a historic and prominent part of life in Brookland. Serves a variety of American-style dishes, wine, and beer. A summer garden with outdoor seating is seasonally available. Located at 3523 12th Street, NE.
Little Ricky's Dishes of the South - Southern cuisine drawing inspiration from the Carolinas over to Texas and points in between. Located at 3522 12th Street, NE.
Brookland Grill - Packed with neighborhood regulars, college students, and hungry first-timers, Brookland Grill serves old-fashioned food in large portions. Located at 3528 12th Street, NE.
- Priding themselves on their continuing environmental sustainability efforts, Brookland Pint focuses on American craft beer and cuisine. Plans include a large outdoor patio along Monroe Street Market's artwalk. Located at 716 Monroe Street, NE.
Potbelly Sandwich Shop
- Potbelly toasty warm sandwiches, fresh salads, and delicious soups & chili. Located at 655 Michigan Avenue, NE.
- Assembly line style of ordering includes choice of crust and selecting one of the signature pizzas or customizing your own. Located at 664 Monroe Street, NE.
- "Food with integrity." Chipotle uses high-quality raw ingrediants and classic cooking techniques to brings features of fine dining to a quick-service restaurant. Serves burritos, tacos, salads, and chips & salsa. Located at 625 Monroe Street, NE.
Wings to Go
- Award winning authentic buffalo-style chicken wings and sauces; offering 18 different flavors. Also serves sandwiches, wraps, salads, ribs, buffalo shrimp, and catfish. Located at 3502 12th Street, NE.
- The world's largest submarine sandwich chain serving fresh made-to-order sandwiches. Located in the Pryzbyla Student Center, 333 Hawaii Avenue, NE, and 3504 12th Street, NE.
- Neighborhood pizza place. Located 3524 12th Street, NE. Delivery available.
Check out this map for specific locations of dining and shopping resources in Brookland!