The University requires all freshmen and sophomore undergraduate students to live in campus housing.
Housing Services recognizes upperclass students consider various on- and off-campus housing options for their junior and senior years. Each year Housing Services reviews the demand for campus housing and initiates plans accordingly. During the spring semester, a lottery is conducted where interested junior and senior students may select housing from available rooms for the next academic year.
On-campus housing for graduate, law or non-traditional students may be provided subject to the availability of suitable housing. This determination will be made in late spring.
In order to participate in Room Selection, individuals must be current undergraduate degree-seeking students in good financial standing who anticipate full-time enrollment with the university for the 2017-2018 academic year.
University standards for full-time status are outlined in the Academic Announcements publications. A student whose course load falls below full-time status should petition Housing Services for permission to remain a residential student. Other exceptions may be granted on a space-available basis.
Eligibility information is detailed further in the Student Housing Policy on the University Policy page.
Room Selection in 5 Steps
- Submit your $500 Housing Deposit via cash, check, or online via CardinalPAY (preferred option); payment is needed in order to access the Room Selection Intent (see below). For more information including payment information, visit the Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent page.
- Submit your Room Selection Intent in the ApplyOnline area of Cardinal Students; the Intent will be available after you have paid your Housing Deposit and it has posted to your student account. The deadline for submission of the Intent is 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Sundqy, February 5, 2017. You are encouraged to submit your deposit well before this time so the Intent can be submitted by the 5:00 p.m. deadline. For more information, visit the Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent page.
- Log into Cardinal Students>Student Self-Service>MyHousing and view your lottery assignment, lottery number, and selection time anytime after noon on Friday, February 24th; then search for roommates and form roommate groups. Keep in mind you can only select roommates from within your same lottery.
- Develop a plan for space selection prior to your lottery; be prepared with several options in the event that your first choice is not available.
- Select a space in Cardinal Students >Student Self-Service>MyHousing once your selection time goes live; view your confirmed assignment, billing and roommate information, and select your dining plan, all in MyHousing.
- Dining Plan Information
- Graduate, Law, & Non-traditional Student Housing Resources
- Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent - both due by 5:00 p.m. Sunday, February 5, 2017
- Lottery Numbers
- Ongoing Housing Options/Missed Deadline
- Residence Hall and Dining Services Accommodation Request
- Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement
- Waitlist Information
JAN14Room Selection Late Night Bingo! 9:00PM
Pryzbyla Center, Great Room
JAN25Info Session Cancelled
March 6 - March 10
MAR15Honors Community Lottery