The University requires all first- and second-year undergraduate students to live in campus housing. Housing Services recognizes upperclass students consider various on- and off-campus housing options for their junior and senior years. Each year Housing Services reviews the demand for campus housing and initiates plans accordingly. During the spring semester, a lottery is conducted where interested junior and senior students may select housing from available rooms for the next academic year. Housing Services also offers guidance to upperclassmen seeking off-campus residence.
In order to participate in Room Selection, individuals must be current undergraduate, degree-seeking students in good financial standing who anticipate full-time undergraduate enrollment with the university for the 2013-2014 academic year.
University standards for full-time status are outlined in the Academic Announcements publications. A student whose course load falls below full-time status should petition Housing Services for permission to remain a residential student. Other exceptions may be granted on a space-available basis.
Room Selection in 5 Steps
- Submit your $500 Housing Deposit via cash, check, or online via CardinalPAY (preferred option); payment is needed in order to access the Room Selection Intent (see below). Students with financial need may submit a Housing Deposit deferral request. For more information including payment information, visit the Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent page.
- Submit your Room Selection Intent in the ApplyOnline area of MyHousing; the Intent will be available after you have paid your Housing Deposit and it has posted to your student account. The deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 8, 2013. For more information, visit the Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent page.
- Log into MyHousing and view your lottery assignment, lottery number, and selection time anytime after noon on Friday, February 22; then search for roommates and form roommate groups (if applicable).
- Develop a plan for space selection prior to your lottery; be prepared with several options in the event that your first choice is not available.
- Select a space in MyHousing once your selection time goes live; view your confirmed assignment, billing and roommate information, and select your dining plan, all in MyHousing.
- Building Floorplans
- Guide to MyHousing and ApplyOnline
- Room Selection FAQs
- Room Types & Rates
- Space Availability in Lotteries
- Dining Plan Information
- Residence Hall and Dining Services Accommodation Request
- Housing Deposit Deferral Request
- Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent
- Living and Learning Communities
- Lottery Numbers
- Ongoing Housing Options for Juniors and Seniors
- Residence Hall and Dining Services Agreement
- Waitlist Information
DEC5Room Selection Intent Available in MyHousing
JAN22Info Session 6:00 PM
Flather Hall, First Floor Lounge
JAN23Info Session 7:00 PM
Ryan Hall, First Second Lounge
JAN24Info Session 4:00 PM
Pryzbyla Center Room 323
JAN28Info Session 7:00 PM Camalier House, Second Floor Lounge
JAN29Info Session 6:00 PM Walton House, Second Floor Lounge
FEB8Housing Deposit and Room Selection Intent Due Online by 5:00 PM EST
FEB22Lottery Numbers Available in MyHousing
MAR13Living and Learning Communities Lottery Begins 4:00 PM
MAR18Sophomore Lottery 4:00 - 8:30 PM each day this week until lottery concludes
APR8Junior/Senior Lottery 4:00 - 8:30 PM each day this week until lottery concludes
APR15Off- Campus Housing Week Events each day TBA
APR17Off- Campus Housing Fair
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Pryzbyla Center, Great Room